Saturday, August 20, 2011

Seventh Grade

Sigh! Wasn't it just yesterday that I was holding her little hand walking her into Kindergarten? Paige is growing so fast! I know everyone says that all of the time, but sometimes it is scary how quickly time slips by.

Paige has been in school for two weeks now, so I am awfully late on first day pics. I've been busy with school starting up as well.

Per tradition, Paige attended the annual Ellis Cougar Breakfast for her friends. She has so many girls that she calls friend. She is blessed, but I think they are pretty blessed to have her.

Here are a few of my fav pics from that morning...

IMG_8136
Paige and JM...these two are best of friends and have a stare down contest everytime they get together...goofy girls :)

IMG_8146
6:30 a.m. I don't know about you, but I sure didn't look that cute when I was a 7th grader!

IMG_8167
So sassy...

IMG_8171

IMG_8177
Pretty typical of this crew.

IMG_8195

After school that day, we all took the kids to lunch so that they could unwind and of course for the cute photo ops :)

IMG_8212

IMG_8216

IMG_8221

This has been a great year for her already. She got the team that she wanted (blue) with lots of great teachers, she is being challenged academically, she has lots of friends in her classes.

She was so excited to be a seventh grader, because they can play sports. She is a great runner (she runs a 7 min. mile!). She tried out, along with 60 others, for the Cross Country team. Because so many tried out this year, they had to make an A team and a B team. The A team is the competitive team. Paige made it!!! She is sooo excited. She has her first meet next Saturday.

I think this is going to be an amazing year for her!

8 comments:

Jodee said...

Wow! Paige really did grow up sooo fast! The girls look so cute together! Hope she has a great year!

rgshrs said...

Awe that's awesome! Way to go Paige on making the Cross Country team! And for a fantastic start to your school year! Study hard, play hard and enjoy every minute of it!:)

Jboo said...

Adorable!! What a fun group of girls!! Have a fabulous year Paige -- you too Missy!! :)


Janet

Casey said...

I agree!! Time goes TOOOOO fast. Especially with our babies. My big baby starts Middle School this year and the little Kindergarten. I'm happy for them, but ... ugh!! I hate how fast it goes.

Paige looks adorable!! And those pics make me miss 7th grade!! Hope you both have wonderful years!!

Laurie said...

Looks like a great start to the school year, and you're right... Paige is blessed to have all those true friends, and they are blessed to have her. I hope you have a great school year yourself! :)

paige said...

the A team? way to go paige!!!
7 min miler. good grief!

she and her friends are way too cute. way too cute!!

Sue said...

That is the cutest tradition and darn if all those girls aren't just the cutest. I certainly did not look that put together in 7th grade. ; )

Great post!

Sue

Sharon said...

What an awesome group of girls! And no way, I looked nothing like that at that age!!! Hope it's a great year ;)