Pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs, including the one that gave it to you and link them.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs, including the one that gave it to you and link them.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The good thing about this is: I can take a break from work and rest for a week (or more depending on how I am feeling). I won't have to feel bad about not having the energy to do things that I usually do with ease ( I have really been beating myself up over not being able to play with Paige or hang out with friends or give my sweet babies at school all of my usual gusto ).
The bad news, and I do mean BAD is:
- I have to miss out on the photography workshop that I have been looking SO forward to. I was going to learn so many great tips and techniques from Debbie. I am soooo sad!
- Not only was I going to learn about photography, but I was going to spend time with some great ladies!
- Lisa and I have been SO looking forward to meeting in real life and I am MORE bummed about not being around her than I can even express. Lis, it just means that I am going to be flying up to PA sooner than I had imagined. I know you will learn SO much from Debbie and will have such a great time. Don't go and get too good on me, k?
We also have Paige's eye appt. on Friday and I won't be able to go. My mom is great with handling all of the details, afterall, she has been a mom for 34 years, but as I am sure most of you have already figured out, Miss Paige is like my own, too. I hate not to be at the doctor to hold her hand, as she is scared. The last doctor was using words like "blind, cancer, loss of eyesight, good eye, bad eye" in front of her and now that has her freaked out.
Hopefully, one of these days, I will having nothing but HAPPY things to post. I feel like lately life has been hard. It's times like these that make the "normal" days sooo special.
I probably won't be doing too much blog hopping, as I am trying to get as much sleep as possible. I'll be back soon!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Enjoy the photos...I took lots!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Well, I am needing a half time! I don't know what is wrong with me, but I am WORN OUT! I don't hardly have the energy to keep my eyes open lately.
I went to the endocrinologist today to have blood work done to see if my thyroid is out of whack again. I go back on Tuesday, as he was going to expedite my blood work. I just don't feel good. I'm tired and I am going to take a half time.
We are supposed to go to the Chinese New Year celebration tomorrow night and Paige is super excited, so I am going to rest tonight and tomorrow and see if I am ready to go back to "the second half" : )
Talk to you all when half time is over :) Have a lovely weekend!
PS- Gail and Kerri...I'm going to post about the award soon! I love ya girls!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Tomorrow, my sweet dad would have been 62 years old. I miss him so much every single day. I hope and pray that he knows how proud he made me to have him as my dad. Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Paige and I went to eat hibachi and it was sooo yummy! Laura advised me to get the squid, but I didn't venture out that far (Laura we'll have to do this one night). However, I did get to spend
some quality time with Miss P. Doesn't she look darling in her glasses?
Paige and Ashley Elizabeth (American Girl doll), both sporting their new specs. Too cute!
Please tell me that your children (school age) are as into the computer as Paige. OMG...
she is OBSESSED with Club Penguin. I promise you she would have to go to Club Penguin rehab in order to get over this addiction. I think she gets it honestly, though, as I love blogging and Facebook. At least we share a computer and so the time is limited for both of us. Again, I need to get off this silly thing!
Happy Birthday Dr. King!!! If it weren't for you I wouldn't be able to enjoy the many different students in my classroom every single day! I love them and I love our country!!!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Anywho, she wanted to make a pallet on my floor and sleep in my room. So, we slept in until after 10:00!!! Heavenly.
Here's what I wake up to:
Paige: "Sissy, are you awake?"
Me: "I am now"
Paige: "Knock Knock"
Me: "Who's there?"
Paige: "None ya"
Me: "None ya who?"
Paige: "None ya business"
Me: "Grrrr....I'm still sleepy"
Paige: giggling, "Knock knock"
Me: "WHO IS THERE?"
Me: "NUN WHO?"
Paige: "Praise the lord, sista"
Me and Paige: Giggling profusely!
Have a BLESSED day :)
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- Paige is such a funny kid. She told me today that she and Weston (her crush) have a playdate planned. When I asked her what they would be doing, her reply was, "Oh, we'll play chess, jump on the trampoline, play with the cats, chat..."
- She is such a little love. She has always been so tender hearted and kind and I love that still gets so excited when I walk in from work. She has a scratchy little voice and comes running down the hallway, "Sissy, sissy, sissy".
- I took her shopping the other day and she wanted to spend her own money. She bought basketball (satin) shorts for Hip Hop class and a black and white checkerboard hat that says, "You wish you could be cool like me". Sigh! No self esteem problems from this girl.
- She asked if she could graduate out of speech class, but while asking completely botched her r's and her th's. Not ready yet, my sweetie! : ) I know I shouldn't encourage her speech by talking to her like she is a baby, but yet I find myself saying, "Tum here, you sweet sugarbooger....let me wuv on you". I know that I am part of the problem... I just could eat her up.
- While sweet and compassionate, she has started talking under her breath at my mom and I. NOT appreciated, but soooo funny and sooooo scary that she is at that age.
- She still loves her "checky" and wants one to take with her when we travel so that the original checky will not ever get lost.
- Made straight A's on her report card this last six weeks and proclaimed, "I even pulled that off while life was so hectic with the Nutcracker. I can "multi-ask". : )
- Doesn't like to wear jeans, because they are scratchy.
- Loves to use her imagination and play with her AG dolls and her pirate legos.
- Loves her teacher like no other. Says they are "bonded" for life. LOL!
- Hates to have her hair brushed by me and will weasel her way out of it. She will even take a shower and then run and put on her pj's and pretend like she is asleep so she doesn't have to brush her hair.
- Doesn't like to eat breakfast, but when she does, wants something sweet to eat.
Monday, January 12, 2009
She had just had her eyes dilated and the doctor said
she had to wear these while outside...do you think she looks happy? : )
We stopped at Toys R Us for a little treat at the end of the day.
"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid"
Friday, January 9, 2009
With that said, I have strong intuitions, too. My gut hasn't failed me often.
Several posts back I asked that you pray for Paige's eye. Well, prayer warriors, I think we might really need you now.
I was going to stay quiet about this, but with a long weekend to stay busy knowing we go to Vanderbilt on Monday, I thought maybe, just maybe someone would know someone with a similar story and tell me that this will all be alright.
Thursday evening, while I am at home alone...Paige is out at dance, my mom bee bopping around town, the phone rings. It is Paige's Opthmalogist. She wants to talk to me. (She and I went to school together, so we are on first name basis). She said that upon further review of Paige's diagnostics with her, and with her speaking to Paige's Pediatrician, they just felt it was better to go ahead and get her in with Vandy asap. So she said, "Can you take her on Monday at 10:00?" I said that yes I would take off and go. She then said I think your mom should go to. So now I just ask her to lay it on the line for me....what on God's green earth are we dealing with here. She said it's probably a cataract and while that is not scary for an infant or an elderly patient, it tends to be very serious on kid's Paige's age. When cataracts come on at her age, there is an underlying reason why it is happening. That is what is scary, too. It can be all sorts of things from diabetes to vitamin deficiencies to... So I said do you think we will be looking at surgery. She said possibly, but to also educate ourselves and accept the fact that she could possibly have to have a CORNEAL TRANSPLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, she proceeds to give me every phone number she has and to call her as soon as we leave the doctors office.
I get off the phone and well, yeah, I am crying. THEN ten minutes later THE PED calls. He starts in on how serious this is, how rare, do I know anything about her parents, is she urinating alot, is she dizzy. Then he tells us what to do in an emergency situation and who to call at Vandy should something happen over the weekend....(WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN????) So then he gives me fifteen numbers where I can reach him on Monday and he wants to hear back from me asap. Then HE said, "Be prepared for them to discuss corneal transplants" I start crying again.
While I know that this is NOT anything like most go through....it's happening to our little girl....should I remind them that she is my LIFE??? I am just really scared. I was hoping that someone knew someone who had a young child with cataract that just was able to get it removed and not have to go through transplant surgery.
Please pray for my girl one last time!!! Pray for me because I am trying REALLY hard to be strong for her. She acts woozie if she has to get a shot. If she gets a bloody nose, she thinks we should take her to the ER. This all stemmed from my dad passing.
Prayer Warriors...we need you!!!!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
I have a photography blog and I will share it one day soon when I have some more work to share. Right now it is all still a work in progress.
I am excited to learn about catchlights and angles and posing...oh my! : )
Friday, January 2, 2009
- Leave all things school at school (for you teachers out there, you understand what I mean).
- Put my family first, no matter what.
- Tell my mom and Paige that I love them every single day.
- Read one book (of my enjoyment) a month.
- Go to church at least two Sundays a month (I know that sounds awful, but I am NOT a morning person and I covet my weekend sleep). God comes first.
- Spend less time behind the lens and more time in the moment.
- Go to school every single day with a positive thought in my mind. Start my first graders day with a friendly greeting and a warm smile.
- Take time to write more in my journal.
- Send friends handwritten notes.
- Videotape my family and friends more.
- Visit my dad's grave once a month by myself and chat.
- Love more and complain less.
- Eat healthier.
- Exercise more.
- Stress less.
Ok, so those are my resolutions...what are yours?