Saturday, December 6, 2008

A little sneak peek

Paige had rehearsals today at the Performing Arts Center. I didn't go, as I have spent the past week SO sick : ( First I had a killer sinus infection, then last night I had a bout of Montezuma's revenge. Something is going around at our school and I couldn't keep anything down for hours.

Keep Paige in your prayers, as she is suffering from stage fright. She normally does so well in front of a crowd, as she has been dancing in recitals for years. This production is on such a larger scale and she is freaking out. They were told today that shows are nearing selling out. The seating capacity is close to 2500 people. Yikes!

This is a little synopsis of the making of the new production.

There is also a sneak peak at: www.nashvilleballet.com

We are SO excited!!!

11 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The costumes and the sets look INCREDIBLE!!! I am so excited for Paige.

As for the stage fright...It is a little scary at first because when you rehearse you see all those seats and it just seems so BIG!! I used to find it calming to know that you could not really see any faces when you were up there....almost like no one was watching!! Tell her that everyone gets nervous....even the professionals....As soon as she hits the stage the fear will go away.....

Sending big hugs....and I hope you are feeling better.....you had it bad!!

Hugs,

Lisa

Bridget said...

WOW - sounds like a great production- how very exciting!! I know Paige will do great - wish her well and hoping for no stage fright! I would be nervous as well but I am sure she will perform like a star! Hope you are feeling better and enjoying a great weekend!!!

Take Care-

Bridget

Gail said...

You must be so proud of your girl...Paige is in my prayers. I believe her stage fright will go away. I know she'll do outstandingly well! I love the Nutcracker and take Grace every year either to a production in Chicago or Madison.

Sorry you've been so sick and hope you are finally on the mend...

Donna said...

A little stage fright is natural...I know she'll do GREAT! Hope you're feeling better soon...

rgshrs said...

The production looks like it's going to be awesome!! Wish we could be there!

Tell Paige, to take a deep breath, hear the music, feel the music, and just step out there and do what she's been training so hard for! I know she's going to be great! prayers will be with her to settle her tummy and give her the courage I know she has in her :)

As for you! I sure hope you are feeling better! Prayers are with you too!

Take care!
Heather

mommy24treasures said...

Dear Paige, I know your amazing gift will shine on stage. You can do this!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Paige ~ Deep breaths! You were born to do this.

Nicole said...

Looks SO cool! Wish we could come!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Paige...stage fright???? Big prayers coming her way but I know our little Paige will come shining through!

Lottie and I had a horrible sinus infection this last week. I will be praying for you also sweet Missy.

Deb said...

I hope you are feeling better Missy....hope all is going well for Paige too!

Jennifer said...

It looks like it is going to be beautiful. I want to come and see the show!!!!

Jen