Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Iconic

Paige had her recitals last week and I for one am SO thrilled that it is over!!! She takes ballet, tap, jazz, modern, hip hop 1, hip hop 2, competition hip hop and was in the opener and finale. That is A LOT of outfit changes and she can't fix her hair and make up yet. I was TIRED! She did SOOO well! The acts that I did see, I was super proud of how far she has come as a dancer. She really let loose this year and had fun!

This year the recital was titled, "Iconic". It was a Micha@l Jackson tribute. Love him or hate him, I don't think anyone can dispute that he was a musical and dancing icon. I have to say that this recital was by far the best that the studio has put on to date.

I love watching Paige dance, but more importantly, I love watching her share fantastic bonds with her dance friends. They are more like her sisters. She prefers them to any of her school friends and they are her "safe haven" away from the drama that surrounds her at school (man, is she in with a tough bunch at school!).

Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I am going to post MANY pics. Videos to follow!

p14
Avery, Paige and Hailey

p39
Paige with friends from school who now take hip hop.

p36
Jessica, Paige and Hannah...I LOVED this dance!

p35
Paige and Ava before the opener. Angie in the background, taking a pic of me taking a pic...we're funny like that with each other :)

p31
Opener, dancing with the smooth criminal crew.

p10
Man, her bio parents must be breathtakingly gorgeous...just sayin'

p7
Taking a bow after the ballet (Cinderella).

p1
Pretty Ballerina

p56
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy From Company B (She doesn't want to take tap anymore :(, so we'll see if this is her last year. She can be fickle about dance at times).

p50
Mini All Stars taking a bow at curtain call ( more like having a dance party...it was a hilarious moment. They were supposed to bow, but they broke out in impromptu freestylin'. The crowd loved it!)

Here is the senior all stars during dress rehearsal performing Thriller! I'll post some of Paige's dances later :)

1 comment:

Jboo said...

So cute! Love to see her smiling face! What a talent!

Janet