Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A successful first day!

I am happy to report that Paige had a great first day back to school. What a relief it is to know that this first, last day, of elementary is behind us (did that make any sense?) :)

It is so bittersweet to think that Paige, our baby, is really not so much a baby anymore. I took her school shopping yesterday and naturally reached over to grab her hand as we walked to the store. For a brief moment, she held onto my hand, like old times. Quickly, she realized it wasn't "cool" and dropped my hand. My heart sank, not because I don't think she secretly would still love to hold my hand, but because she is at the age where it isn't the cool thing to do. Sigh...

I would be lying if I said I am not having a hard time with this transition... My mom is taking it in stride...keeps saying, "It's part of life, Missy!" I know it's a part of life, but it makes me sad. So tonight, as she is sleeping soundly in her room, I am writing this post with crocodile tears streaming down my face.

Proud, doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about my little sister.

Another chapter is about to begin and I need to pull my sappy self together and enjoy this new beginning...