Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thank you!

Thanks so much for taking time to reach out when I was feeling a bit down. I truly appreciate my blogger friends more than you can know. Sincerely, thank you!

I have had a talk with a few of my friends about how I was feeling. That was a hard conversation for me to have, but one that I was NOT going to let go. I am learning that as I grow older, the need to have an abundance of friends isn't my priority. My priority is to have a handful of friends who truly are there, listen and care.

Anyway, moving on...

Paige just started playing basketball this week and OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! The child is in hog Heaven. She is so little, but she is playing point guard and is so quick and is a great ball handler. I had so much fun watching her play. I wish my dad could see her go after that ball. He would be so proud.

I have been leaving my camera alone lately, but boy was I missing it. Paige let me take a few fun shots of her this weekend...just being silly, but I love them. I had an idea while I was processing them and I am hopeful I can see it to fruition. My heart has been so heavy about the earthquake in Haiti and I want to give back. So, I've decided to take headshots next weekend and give the proceeds to the American Red Cross. I might not raise a ton of money, but any little bit can help. The situation is so horrific and I am so sad for all of those affected...particularly the children.

Here is my favorite picture from the weekend :)

portrait22wm

I hope you all have a GREAT week and thank you again for your sweet messages. I am so thankful for each of you that took the time to leave me a message of encouragement :) xoxo

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Missy,

I am happy see you post.... after the last one, you had me concerned girl!!

I love what you are doing to give back to Haiti....that is an awesome idea:)

Beautiful picture of Miss Paige.....I am so glad she let you play around and snap a few:)

Hope that you had a nice weekend.....and have a great week ahead!

xo,

Lisa

Jboo said...

Hey Missy -- glad to hear that you are feeling better! What a sweet idea for Haiti -- wish I lived closer to you! Cool photo of Miss Paige! Have a great week!

janet

Donna said...

Glad you are feeling better, Missy! I think we all had have some toxic friendships in our lives - where we do all the giving. It's just not worth it most of the time. Sometimes you have to do what's best for YOU, girlie!

The pic of Paige are breathtaking!

Robin said...

glad to hear that you are feeling better. It is always hard having those difficult conversations but sometimes my heart just won't let things go until I have those conversations. You are right ... it's not the quantity but the quality that matters :)

Beautiful picture of Paige! I have been in a camera funk lately but hopefully will break out of it soon :)

Take care - Robin

Colleen said...

Missy,
I love your idea to give to Haiti. Beautiful! I know it has been so heart breaking to watch what they are going through. You have a wonderful heart Missy!
This photo of Paige is breathtaking!
Have a wonderful week!!!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Such a cool image of Miss Paige. I just read your post below, I am so sorry Missy. I'm like Lisa, I wish we lived closer, I'd have Java )or an adult beverage) anytime you want. I so hope you're still coming up in March!!

Wanda said...

I just scrolled down to this post from the bl&wh Wed. entry and had to tell you - this photo here at the bottom of this post is stunning. Hauntingly beautiful.

Wanda (At Last..)