Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love moments like these...

A friend of mine just came home from Uganda with his two beautiful baby boys (well, toddler boys, but babies in my book). As I was reading his FB wall and seeing all of the pics and videos my heart was all a flutter with the emotions of bringing home new lives. It is suuuch an overwhelming experience, isn't it? Whether born under your heart or in it, it is all such a miracle. Sometimes I am on an emotional high and I think I have been floating in the clouds all week.

Tonight I went to tuck Paige in bed. She was on top of the comforter, basketball shorts and tshirt still on, mismatched socks and drool on her pillow. Her CD player was still playing and as I started to pull off her socks and pull the covers up, Cinderella from Steven Curtis Chapman began to play. I seriously froze in my tracks and just looked at the little miracle that was in front of me. I mean seriously, how in the world did WE (my family) get so lucky to have HER? I sometimes feel like I am so unworthy of her. I hope and pray that I teach her right from wrong and that she knows just how loved she is. I don't know if I do a good enough job telling her exactly what she means to me. I am going to be better at expressing myself.

Her family day is coming up and I get all choked up just thinking about it. It's a special one, with some extra special surprises for her. I hope she loves what we got her. It is very sentimental and we loved picking it out for her.

Children are such blessings! ...just sayin' :)

4 comments:

Jodee said...

What a sweet post! You are one blessed sister mama!

Sherri said...

I'm sure she feels the same way about you Missy :)
Your family is soooooo full of love.

Gail said...

Oh Missy, children are a blessing aren't they? No matter how they come to us.

And how do you deserve this child? I feel the same way all the time.
Don't have the answer to that one, I never felt that I was anymore special than anyone else. I know you are an amazing sister/mom/mentor for your beautiful Paige.


As always enjoy this time, because it goes by way too fast.

hugs,

Gail

paige said...

you have such a wonderful beautiful heart missy
that paige is one blessed girl

may you be blessing this christmas